29.12.08

Holiday Office Party



I work from home ... so technically that's my office. My old job had a big fancy party every December. They didn't invite me this year ... so I figured I'd just throw myself an office holiday party. I've worked pretty hard this year so I deserve it ... in theory.



I tried to mingle ... but everyone just wanted to talk about work. It was really awkward and not very much fun, but ...



... eventually I got into the holiday mood.



I really only went because I thought there'd be bonus checks handed out. Nope. Thanks for nothing, Mr Ebe-loozer Scrooge!



It was a pot luck. We were supposed to make something, but I ran out of time and just brought some cheap-o store bought cookies. They didn't taste very good. I ate the whole box anyway. I'm not proud of that.



It turned out that I was my Secret Santa this year. I did a good job ... I had no clue who it was ...



... but I just wrapped up my stapler and gave it to myself. It was a pretty lame Secret Santa gift.



I tried to act excited anyway.



The party was really boring so I decided to loosen up with a drink.



Of course ... that led to another ...



... which led to another ...



... which led to another. To be honest I was a little over-served.



Things kind of got a little out of hand after that. I got a little crazy ...



... but it's not like I was the only one.



A good time was had by all, but eventually it was time to get back to work.
I can hardly wait until next year's party.

No comments:

Post a Comment